Why study MBA with Luxury Branding at UWS London?
Global Hub of the Luxury Industry
London, home to the world’s top luxury brands, fashion houses, hotels, and retailers, is the perfect place for students to get their foot in the door for their dream career.
With easy access to luxury boutiques, flagship stores, and fashion events, students will build an in-depth, practical understanding of the luxury branding industry.
Rapidly Growing Industry
Want to start appealing to more diverse audiences? UWS London’s MBA with Luxury Branding course allows you to start building a global perspective on consumer behaviour, market trends, current issues on sustainability, and cultural nuances.
Advance your career with an MBA that gives you the tools to enter managerial positions in your industry.
Go global and network with our MBA alumni.
Want to become an adaptable leader capable of navigating the dynamic business landscape? UWS London’s MBA Pathways program comprises essential modules designed to empower students to lead with innovation and creative thinking from within.
The interdisciplinary modules will encourage you to critically showcase and comprehend the seamless integration of vital business functions. This will enhance student’s capacity to craft and implement effective, organisation-wide strategies across various sectors.
Students are required to complete the following three core modules:
- Fundamentals of Senior Management (40 Credits)
- The Strategic Manager (20 Credits)
- Professional Management and Research Skills (20 Credits)
Students undertaking the Luxury Branding Pathway will complete the following modules:
- Luxury Brands Management (20 credits)
- Marketing of Sustainability Luxury (20 credits)
Once students get to the dissertation stage, there is an option for either the Strategic Business project or the Developing Professional Practice module to complete. This will allow students to work with an employer on a leadership-related project.
- Strategic Business Project (60 credits)
- Developing Professional Practice (60 credits)
The Business project is grounded in theory and may involve collecting primary data. Students will incorporate their cumulative learning from earlier stages of the MBA into a rigorous research project, providing valuable insights into a key business issue.
Through this process, students enhance their knowledge and confidence in crafting, developing, compiling, and delivering strategic business projects. As for the Developing Professional Practice module, its purpose is to translate theory into real-world applications across various sectors, including local, national, and global.
This module empowers students to cultivate both specialised and transferable skills, boosting their employability. It facilitates the building of professional networks through collaboration with industry experts.
A recognised innovative feature of our MBA programme is the fact it is supported by its own virtual learning environment – Moodle which provides access to MBA core materials and allows students to study and interact online with their peers.
You will be taught through a combination of:
- Practical workshops
Learning and teaching
- Scheduled learning: 16%
- Independent study: 84%
- Coursework assessment 100%
Assessment methods will include:
- Oral presentation
- Written reports
- Case studies
What is an MBA with Luxury Branding all about?
UWS London’s MBA with Luxury Branding allows students to access diverse and thrilling career paths within industries dedicated to luxury products and services, as the demand for professionals possessing specific expertise is on the rise.
It’s designed to prepare graduates for managerial roles within the luxury brand sector and helps to enhance skills in enterprise and leadership within this expanding industry. The course enables graduates to pursue employment in areas such as luxury branding, marketing, merchandising, retailing, and distribution, overseeing the operations of high-end brands.
So, if you’re looking for a course that provides you with a nuanced understanding of the industry and essential business insight, this is for you.
Where will this course take me?
Completing a luxury branding course can take you into various exciting career paths and industries that focus on luxury products and services. There is a growing demand for professionals with specific expertise in luxury branding. The luxury industry also provides you with the opportunity to explore new and emerging definitions of luxury.
This MBA prepares you for managerial roles in the luxury brand industry and helps you develop your skills in enterprise and leadership in this growing industry. Graduates can find employment such as luxury branding, marketing, merchandising, retailing and distribution, where you would oversee the operations of high-end brands.
An MBA in luxury branding can equip you with entrepreneurial outlook to start your own luxury brand or business. You would have an understanding of the industry’s nuances and the necessary business insight to succeed.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for individuals who:
- Are interested in working within the luxury goods and service industry
- Currently hold professional positions in areas such as marketing, advertising, brand management, production and distribution, or retail management
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with aspirations to establish their own luxury brand
- Hold an undergraduate degree or another professional qualification
- Bring relevant work experience to be drawn upon and referenced throughout the course
You should hold an honours degree or equivalent (minimum 2:2 classification) or a bachelor’s degree with significant and relevant work experience. You will normally be expected to have at least one of the following:
- A degree awarded by an appropriate institution
- A postgraduate award (passed at an appropriate level)
- An appropriate professional qualification such as those from ACCA or CIMA
- Passed a Pre Master’s programme at relevant level
- Relevant work or professional experience
Where candidates do not meet the standard entry requirement, they must demonstrate that they have sufficient relevant professional or practice-based experience to undertake their chosen programme of study. They may be admitted to the programme at the discretion of the programme Admissions Officer/Programme Leader.
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English language proficiency level. The qualifications below must have been gained within two years of the start of your course.
General English language requirements at UWS: International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- Overall score 6.0
- No sub-test less than 5.5
Common equivalent english language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII with the minimum of a Pass in all sub-tests
- PTE Pearson Academic English: An overall score of 59 to 64 with no element below 59 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.0 with no element below 5.5). An overall score 65 to 75 with no element below 65 (for programmes that require IELTS 6.5 with no element below 6.0)
- TOEFL IBT*: 78; no sub-test less than 17
You may also be permitted to take a supplementary English language programme prior to the start of the programme. All applications are considered on an individual basis, so it is always worth discussing your options with an admissions officer.
1 Year – Full-time
Intakes in January, May and September
Tuition Costs for 2024/25
The cost of this one-year course is £15,500 for UK and international students. Funding options for students are also available.
Duration: 1 Year Full Time
Duration: 1 Year Full Time